I don’t feel sorry for myself. Sure, I get a little lonely now and then, but there are definitely perks to being totally in charge of my own shit.
- I drink straight out of the milk jug. There’s real power in such a simple act.
- Last weekend, I went somewhere without a plan. Didn’t tell anybody where I was going. Got there when I wanted to. Left when I was ready.
- I watch a lot of sports. There are some Sundays I don’t ever leave the couch, except to pee, and then I leave the seat up, on purpose.
- I once watched 10 episodes of Breaking Bad in a row because nobody told me to stop. Both my eyes and my soul burned for several days after.
- If I want a Scarlett Johansson screensaver, I can have a Scarlett Johansson screensaver.
- I have a stack of fantasy football magazines on my coffee table. Some of which I’ve never read. I just like how they look on my table. They add a nice splash of color to the room.
- I can go hours, sometimes days, without having to utter a single word about shit I don’t want to talk about.
- If I get a random text from a random girl, I don’t have to think up a random story. I wish that would happen more often. It used to.
- I have a framed beer poster — in my living room.
- I have a blog where I can write about really personal shit. And I don’t have to explain myself afterwards.
I could think of a bunch more funny little reasons being on my own is ok. But it sounds like I’m trying to justify my current state, so I’ll stop. Besides, 10 is a nice round number.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that’s it’s all about making the most of where you are right now. I would stop drinking from the milk jug if the right girl came around. I’d even let her watch football with me, all day — as long as she didn’t ask any dumb questions.
Until that day, I’ll keeping trying my best to do my best with what I have, right now. I’ve learned it doesn’t do much good to dwell on the don’t haves.
It is what it is and it’s not always easy. In fact, sometimes it really sucks. But sometimes it’s not that bad.
I’m off to go do whatever I want. Be back when I’m ready.
Post a Comment